Should I Get An AC Tune Up?
As the weather continues to warm up here in California, more and more homeowners are preparing to switch on their air conditioners for the first time. However, before using it for the season, you should make sure your HVAC unit is working properly.
Why Spring is the Best Time for AC Maintenance
All of our household appliances will eventually need some maintenance work — including our air conditioners. Getting your unit inspected early in the season is the best way to spot issues before they turn into expensive repairs, and ensure that you’re not wasting money on a faulty HVAC. Some additional benefits of routine maintenance include:
- Extending the life of your unit.
- Increasing your indoor air quality.
- Preventing a system breakdown.
- Keeping your home energy efficient.
Signs You Need a Tune Up
High temperatures mixed with humidity means that homeowners are forced to consistently run their air conditioning for months at a time— which can result in regular wear and tear to your HVAC system. Signs your unit will need work include:
- Your thermostat won’t turn on or doesn’t function correctly.
- Your cooling unit won’t turn on.
- Your cooling unit is shaking or rattling while running.
- Your home has hot and cold spots or condensation buildup.
- Your cooling system cannot maintain the temperature you set.
AC Maintenance in Redding CA
We understand that making time for preventative maintenance feels far less pressing than taking care of an emergency. That is why we encourage you to set up a regularly scheduled maintenance plan!
Not only will that take one task off your to-do list, but it will significantly increase the lifespan of your HVAC systems. When you need our Redding heating service, don't hesitate to give us a call. Our professionals at Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air will check your system for leaks, damaged filters, and coolant issues.