Redding Water Heater Services
Reliable Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Finding out that your water heater is broken in the middle of a shower is the worst. When this happens to you, know that you can rely on the services of our Redding plumbers at Wallner. We can provide you fast and courteous water heater repair or replacement. We are experienced and knowledgeable in all types of water heaters and can solve even the most perplexing water heater nuances. We highly recommend that you contact a professional for any water heater issues as performing a DIY repair can potentially worsen the damage or put you at risk of electrocution.
- No hot water at all
- Insufficient heat
- Water that is too hot
- A pilot light that will not light
- Rusty or black water coming out of your faucet
- Distinct odor coming from the water
Different Types of Water Heaters To Choose From
When you are in the market for a new water heater, it's good to know what you're looking for. Water heaters aren't something you go out and buy everyday, and you'll need to know what options we can provide. Below are 5 options of water heaters to choose from with an explanation on how they work,
- Storage tank water heaters-
This is the most popular water heater and probably the one you are most familiar with. The storage tank water heaters, hold the water in an insulated tank that will heat the water up to over 120 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the most common type of water heater found in most households. Your hot water is limited to the size of your tank and if you use an excessive amount, you may need to wait til the next tank of water heats up.
- Tankless water heaters (on demand water heater) - Efficient heaters that provide hot water on demand using either gas or electric. These use super-heated coils that will fill with water and heat the water instantly as you need it. Which is why they are called on demand water heaters.
- Solar-powered water heaters- A green option, these units utilize solar panels and the power of the sun to heat water.
- Heat pump water heaters- Like an HVAC heat pump, these units use electricity to move heat from one place to another. These water heaters need a lot of room as they are sometimes up to eight feet tall, this is due to the heat pump being on top of the unit.
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters- These water heaters utilize a home’s space heater to heat water.
The fuel type that is available in your area and you use in your home can help narrow down your choices for water heaters. Our Redding plumbers can fully explain your options for a replacement unit.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
For homes with small spaces or fewer occupants, a tankless water heater may be the most beneficial for you. More and more households are discovering the advantage of these units especially if you want a more energy-efficient water heater.
Some other benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- Long life span of up to 20 years
- Easily replaceable parts for quick repairs
- Compact and can fit in tighter spaces
- Continuous hot water on demand
If you think a tankless water heater can provide for all your hot water needs, our plumbers in Redding can install a unit in your home in a fast and efficient manner.