Winter is coming. With the upcoming chilly season heading our way, it is important to ensure your home is prepared properly. From putting your warmest comforter on the bed to grabbing a few extra logs for a fire, you want your property to be as cozy as possible. However, the most important piece of the cozy puzzle is your heater. Often ignored during temperate weather, your heater works hard to keep your space comfortable and safe.
Instead of finding out in the dead of winter that your heater isn’t working, be proactive about your heater’s health and boost its performance quickly and affordably. Our team at Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help your home comfort systems run as smoothly as possible, so you can depend on them when you need it most.
6 Ways to Boost Your Heater:
- Don’t put off repairs: Have you been hearing a rattling or grinding noise coming from your system? Or, do you feel cold spots in your home? These are not good signs. In fact, these are clear signals that your system needs repairs. The longer you wait on these repairs, the worse they become, potentially leading to a shortened lifespan of the system.
- Schedule annual maintenance: Maybe you don’t hear a strange noise, but it’s been a while since a professional has inspected your system. Scheduling maintenance once a year is a great way to not only clean your system, but also check for any small repairs, and lubricate any needed components. Regular maintenance has even been proven to increase the lifespan of your system.
- Check air filters: Dirty filters can minimize airflow and actually lower the efficiency of your heater—causing you to pay more for less heat. Check your air filters at least once every other month, and if they are beyond cleaning, you can easily replace it yourself, or call our team to help.
- Look at your insulation: If your heater is working great, but you continue to pay high energy bills, it might not be the heater at all, but the insulation in your home. Poorly insulated attics, doors, and windows can lead to conditioned air leaking out of your space.
- Inspect your ductwork: Just like a poorly insulated home leads to an overworked system, leaks or kinks in your ductwork can cause heated air to leave the ducts before it ever gets to the room that needs it. Luckily, our HVAC technicians can make this fast and reliable inspection if you don’t know where to start.
- Use a programmable thermostat: Another aspect of your heating that doesn’t have anything to do with the heater is your thermostat. Installing a smart thermostat can not prevent your system from overworking, but even lower your energy bills.
Ready to Improve Your Heater? Call Us!
Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning has been Redding’s most trusted HVAC and plumbing professionals for over 50 years, and we are ready to show you why. With extensive industry knowledge, 5-star workmanship, and friendly customer service, we can help you maximize your heater before winter sets in.
When you are ready to boost your heater’s performance, call Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning at (530) 475-6687 or reach out online today!