If you have noticed your current water heater doesn’t seem capable of keeping up with your hot water needs, a tankless water heater may be exactly what you need to improve the output in your house.
Tankless water heaters have been on the market for many years now, but they are the innovative alternative to traditional storage-tank water heater units. Some homeowners are put off by the upfront costs of purchasing and installing a tankless water heater, but those initial costs are offset by the benefits most customers experience immediately.
5 Reasons You'll Want to Switch to a Tankless Water Heater in the New Year
Tankless water heaters provide homeowners with a streamlined and efficient way to deliver hot water throughout their homes. Not only are tankless systems better for the lifestyles of the modern family, but they also provide a solution that aligns with the utilization needs of larger families.
- Hot Water On-Demand: Traditional water heater systems use a storage tank to keep the hot water ready for use. The problem with a traditional water heater is once the tank is empty, it can time a while to replenish the hot water supply. Tankless systems heat water as needed, so you never have to worry about running out of water and needing to wait for a storage tank to refill.
- Greater Efficiency: The average US home uses 40 or more gallons of water per day. With so many gallons of water being used, an inefficient system could lead to higher utility spending. Tankless systems are, on average, 34% more efficient than storage tank models. Traditional water heaters suffer from standby heat loss, which happens when your water heater stores hot water and reheats it while waiting to be used. Storage tanks continue reheating your stored water while you’re at work or on vacation, which is a tremendous waste of energy. Tankless systems only heat water when it’s needed.
- Smaller Footprint: Traditional water heaters are quite large. They can easily take up the same amount of space as an average-sized coat closet. Plus, they are an eyesore that most homeowners want to hide out of sight. Tankless water heaters are space savers, and they take up a fraction of the space once used by traditional systems. Depending on the size you need for your home, they can typically fit inside a cabinet or mounted on a wall.
- Limited Maintenance: Tankless water heaters require less maintenance than traditional units, and tankless systems are less prone to damaging water leaks. They also are flood proof since there’s no storage tank to rupture.
- Better Return on Investment: Tankless water heaters are considered a better investment than traditional systems because they have a longer lifespan than storage tank models. They are also less likely to need expensive repairs. Traditional water heaters last between 10 and 15 years, with the average being closer to 8 years or ten if well maintained. Tankless water heaters have a lifespan that more than doubles the average for traditional systems.
Wallner Provides Reliable Plumbing Solutions in Redding, CA
The plumbing experts at Wallner Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning are licensed and trained professionals with years of experience providing customers in Redding and surrounding areas with fast and reliable solutions they can trust. We provide access to high-quality plumbing solutions at an affordable price. If you are ready to upgrade your traditional water heater to a tankless system,
call our Redding plumbing specialists at (530) 475-6687 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.