Having to call for emergency plumbing isn’t fun. Most people don’t enjoy having to hire a plumber as it is, and as we know firsthand, having to call for one in the middle of the night is extremely frustrating. Yet there are some problems that just can’t wait, and may cause extensive damage to your system and force you to pay for additional costly repairs if you don’t act immediately. Luckily, Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air is available 24/7 for serious plumbing issues, and always makes it a point to arrive at your property within one hour. Keep reading to learn the top 5 reasons to call for emergency plumbing service, and make sure to hire our Redding plumbing pros the next time you need emergency assistance.
The Top 5 Reasons to Call for Emergency Plumbing Are:
- Burst Pipes: Few plumbing issues are as immediately alarming as a burst pipe. While you may be able to shut off your main water valve to stop too much water from accumulating in your home, you will want to call a skilled emergency plumber right away for leak repairs, and to determine whether you need repiping service.
- Stopped Drains: Stopped drains can create unsanitary conditions that threaten the health and safety of everyone in your home. A backed-up garbage disposal, for instance, can turn from an inconvenience to an emergency in quick order. Luckily, our experienced plumbers are always available to take care of your drains, and even offer remodeling to ensure those drains run smoothly in the future.
- Broken Sewer Lines: As mentioned above, drain stoppages can be quite dangerous and unsanitary. This is partly because they often indicate there is a problem with your sewer line. Sewer line breaks may result in wastewater leaking into or backing up on your property. If this happens to you, it is essential to call for emergency sewer line repair ASAP. You should also consider periodic sewer camera inspections to prevent this from ever happening altogether.
- Overflowing Toilets: Another nasty plumbing problem, overflowing toilets will require you to shut off your main water valve as soon as possible. Even if this does stop the flow of water however, you should still call for emergency toilet repair or replacement, as any issue having to do with wastewater requires immediate assistance.
- Leaking Water Heaters: If you suddenly lose hot water during your morning shower, there is a good chance it is because of a water heater leak. If this happens to you, check your heater right away to see if there is water pooling at the bottom of the tank or any other signs of a leak. If there is, you will definitely need to call for emergency water heater service, as failing to deal with this problem can result in extensive water damage to your property.