When the summer heat is at its hottest, it’s likely your HVAC system seems like it’s on constantly. There are days during the summer that seem hotter than normal, or maybe the external humidity levels are higher than normal. It can feel as if your air conditioning system isn’t working well during these especially hot days. If you hear your HVAC system working but your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, you may need maintenance or an inspection to check for worn parts or damages.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, your air conditioning system may be overworked and at risk for losing effectiveness:
- Huge Energy Costs: A spike in energy spending can be associated with many things. Usually, when your air conditioning system is broken, worn, or needs maintenance, it will struggle when trying to cool your home. When an air conditioner struggles to regulate the internal temperature of your home, you may find it’s constantly running, which is the reason for the higher energy costs.
- Your Air Conditioner is Always On: When your system loses effectiveness, it will begin to struggle to cool your home. If you find that you’re constantly turning the thermostat down without feeling any results, it’s a sign your system is struggling to keep up. You should check your air filter and rule that out as the source of the problem. If your system is struggling after having its filter cleaned, you could need repairs or be low on refrigerant. Calling an HVAC specialist to investigate would be the next step so your system can be inspected.
- Humidity Levels in Your Home are High: If your home feels uncomfortable even when your system is on, then your system could be overworked and in need of an inspection. Your system could have drainage problems.
- Inconsistent Cooling: If there are areas of your home that are hot and others are freezing, your HVAC system could be struggling due to failed equipment. It could be a failing thermostat or a malfunctioning compressor. Regardless, you will need to have it inspected.
- Your System is Loud: When your system is struggling, it could be a sign there are worn internal parts or broken components that need replacing. Noises are a performance issue that shouldn’t be ignored. Your system shouldn’t operate loudly. An HVAC specialist can tell you which noises are normal and which are signs of system malfunctions.
- System Leaks: Leaks from your HVAC system signal there’s a serious problem somewhere in the unit. Leaks from your HVAC system could be refrigerant, which will affect performance, as will drainage issues. All of these leaking issues can also cause health concerns like mold, mildew, or toxicity. Refrigerant leaks should be taken especially seriously because the chemicals can impact the indoor air quality in your home and cause respiratory issues.
Your air conditioning system shouldn’t need much servicing beyond the seasonal checkups, but if you notice that it’s not working properly or you see that your system doesn’t seem to be efficiently cooling your home, it could be a sign that you need maintenance or repairs. The summer heat can lead to your air conditioner running nonstop, and you may not be aware of these signs your system is overworked.
Comprehensive AC Services Offered by Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air
At Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air, we provide a wide variety of home services. One of our experienced technicians can inspect your HVAC system if you suspect it’s overworked. You want the specialists from Wallner Plumbing Heating & Air to help when your HVAC system is experiencing problems. You won’t find a more committed and hardworking team.
Call the HVAC specialists at Wallner today at (530) 223-5622 or contact us online to schedule an appointment or to speak to one of our experts.